In honor of Valentine’s Day I offer you 14 Things I’ve Learned From My Husband …
Not all of the things I’ve learned from my husband have been through his words, many have been through his actions. And there are so many more than just 14 things I’ve learned from my husband but in keeping with this day of love in February I offer you 14 things that my husband has taught me…
14 Things I’ve Learned From My Husband
- Unlike women, when men answer “nothing” to the question “What are you thinking about?” it is extremely possible that they have absolutely nothing on their mind. Really. Nothing. Isn’t that something?
- My resting heart rate is abnormally high.
- Believe people when they show you who they are. Not everyone deserves forgiveness; however if you choose that path it is important to forgive yourself for not offering forgiveness.
- After 29 years, it is possible to shift from a morning person to a night person. Who knew?
- “Never feed stray cats.” He wasn’t talking felines. In fact, he was referring to someone close to him. I didn’t listen. Lesson learned. Never feed stray cats.
- The cure to a hangover is to “eat the hair of the dog that bit you” but if you can’t imagine putting another drop of alcohol in your body, feed your hangover with Ramen (Beef flavored).
- Never ending, unconditional & fierce love exists and it trumps all negativity.
- I do not like IPAs.
- People are capable of loving their chosen children (step-children) as much as they love the children they’re given (birth children). There is no labeling either one. And my husband expects his friends and family to honor him & his boys by doing the same.
- The cure to countless struggles is cuddling.
- Families wearing DNA blinders are a gift from God. The stories from my husband’s youth include absolute admiration for his friend’s parents & families who embraced him and welcomed him when he needed it, without fail.
- “Act like you’ve been there”. Wherever ‘there’ is. It works.
- Front pocket wallets for men are a must.
- Knowing that health and life are unpredictable is much different than feeling & experiencing life in those unpredictable moments.
I have learned so much more from this man. My husband has taught me through his words and his actions that when he says his entire world is his wife and two boys, he means it. And he has proven to me that it is possible that the most amazing partner in marriage, partner in parenting, partner in business and partner in life be embodied in the same person.
Lucky me… this teacher, partner, devoted husband & father is my Valentine.
Happy February 14th.
Do you celebrate or do anything special for Valentine’s Day?