It is also a food that I am very picky about which is why I am elated to have five fantastic recipes to share with you this week.
Now… for DAY ONE… My favorite Chili…
Beef or Turkey Crock-pot Chili
– 1 1/2 pounds Ground Beef or Turkey
– 1 Minced Garlic Clove
– 1/2 Diced Red Onion
– 1 can Kidney Beans (drained & rinsed)
– 1 can Black Beans (drained & rinsed)
– 1 can Pinto Beans (drained)
– 1 package Frozen Corn
– 1 can Tomato Sauce (16 oz)
– 1 can Tap Water
– 2 cans Crushed or Diced Tomatoes with Chilies (14.5 oz each)
– 1/2 can Diced Green Chilies
– 1/2 can Diced Jalapenos
– 1 teaspoon Ground Chili Powder
– 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
– 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
Directions: Brown Ground Beef/Turkey with Garlic & Onion (do not drain juices/grease), spray Crock Pot with cooking spray, add Ground Beef/Turkey & juices/grease, Kidney Beans, Black Beans, Pinto Beans, Frozen Corn, Tomato Sauce, Water, Crushed/Diced Tomatoes, Chilies, Jalapenos and spices. Cook on low in Crock Pot 7-8 hours. Serve with Corn Bread, Fritos, or Saltine Crackers and top with shredded cheese (if desired). Simple & delicious!
Be sure to check back tomorrow to read all about Kelly’s Turkey Chili Recipe!