That’s right! The amazing food known as Popcorn has it’s own day; January 19th.
My most favorite way to enjoy Popcorn is popped on the stove in Coconut Oil then drizzled with a little butter and sprinkled with coarse seasalt.
And my second favorite way is covered in Carmel.
In honor of one of my very favorite foods:
My Favorite Carmel Popcorn Recipe
– 10 Cups of Popped Popcorn
(I pop 1/2 Cup of Kernels in 3 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil.)
– 1 Cup of Brown Sugar
– 1 Stick of Butter
(I use Butter without Salt AND add Sea Salt later.)
– 1/4 Cup Karo Syrup
– 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
– 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
– 1 Teaspoon of Sea Salt
1. Pop Popcorn and set aside.
2. Add Brown Sugar, Butter & Karo Syrup to a saucepan and heat over medium.
3. Prepare Large Mixing Bowl by coating with Cooking Spray.
(Read: the biggest Mixing Bowl you own.)
4. Once the Brown Sugar Mixture reaches a medium boil, remove from heat;
Add Baking Soda & Vanilla.
5. Stir Mixture until a “foam like” consistency is reached.
6. Combine Popcorn and Carmel Mixture in large bowl and mix until Popcorn is covered in Carmel.
7. Spread the Carmel Popcorn out on Wax Paper then Sprinkle the Sea Salt all over it.
If you like your Carmel Corn “Chewy” then you are ready to enjoy!
For “Crunchy” Carmel Corn see Step Eight.
8. OPTIONAL. Spread Carmel Popcorn onto a large cookie sheet prepared with Cooking Spray. Bake for one hour at 200 degrees to create “Crunchy” Carmel Corn.
How do you prefer your Popcorn? Butter & Salt? Cheese? Drizzled in Chocolate? If your favorite includes Marshmallows, Candy and comes in the shape of a ball, check out my Candy Popcorn Ball Recipe.
I would love to hear all about your favorite way to enjoy Popcorn in the comments below.