On Sunday evening our doorbell rang just after dark. There was no one there when we opened the door; however, left behind the phantom ring was an orange box filled with treats. Attached to the box was a big mylar balloon that read, HAPPY HALLOWEEN and polka dot sign that read, “You’ve Been BOOED”.
*Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Full disclosure policy can be read here.
“You’ve Been Booed” is a simple game and fun way to treat neighbors and friends during the Halloween season. The contents of the bright orange boo box that was left at our door included glow sticks, play doh, a cupcake and a twinkie, a magic expandable wash cloth, Pirate Booty, lollipops, silly string, Skittles, and a sling shot. There was also a “We’ve Been Booed” sign for us to attach to our door.
Have you ever been booed?
If not, have you ever seen “We’ve Been Booed” signs displayed on the homes in your neighborhood? If you have never been booed there is no time like the present to get the game started. It is possible that after you start the game you might even be on the receiving end of a phantom ring.
You’ve Been Booed
The steps involved in this simple Halloween game are as follows:
- Create two Halloween themed gift baskets, bags or boxes for two different friends or neighbors;
- Attach a “You’ve Been Booed” note to the outside;
- Add a note inside the basket so that the recipient understands that they have been booed;
- Include a “We’ve Been Booed” sign for them to place on their door or window;
- Secretly place the boo baskets that you created on the doorsteps of friends or neighbors (who have not yet been booed) then ring the doorbell then RUN!!
Before we reciprocated the Halloween box of fun I created a printable to use for our friends. You can find that free printable RIGHT HERE and below is a list of the treats that we added to our Halloween buckets.
You’ve Been Booed
Spider Web Glasses
Boo Berry Fruit Roll-Ups
Count Chocula Treats
Halloween Candy Bracelets
Halloween Scavenger Hunt Printable
Halloween Candy Scavenger Hunt Printable