“Did you know that there are 260 Pumpkin Seeds in a Pumpkin?” And can you guess how many are in a really big Pumpkin? Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe.
Our five year old informed us that Pumpkins have 260 seeds inside of them. He knows this because in his Kindergarten class they counted the seeds from a Pumpkin by tens and after 250 comes 260.
After questioning if all Pumpkins had the same number of seeds our little guy told his Uncle that “really big Pumpkins have 261 seeds”. Five year old logic is about as simple as my recipe for Roasted Pumpkin Seeds.
Before you begin you will want to make sure that your seeds are completely dried. Rinse seeds thoroughly after scooping them out of a fresh Pumpkin. I lay my seeds out on a baking pan to dry overnight however you could also dry them out in the oven before you begin.
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe
2 Cups Pumpkin Seeds, dried
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1/2 Tablespoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Ground Garlic
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees, prepare baking sheet with aluminum foil and a light layer of cooking spray.
- Add Pumpkin Seeds with Olive Oil, Salt, Garlic and Cayenne Pepper to a medium size mixing bowl and stir until all seeds are covered in seasons.
- Spread seeds out onto prepared baking sheet then place it in the oven.
- Bake seeds for 20 minutes at 300 degrees then remove them from the oven, turn seeds with spatula and return the pan to the oven to bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove the seasoned roasted seeds from the oven, allow them to cool completely then store them in an airtight container.
Store bought Pumpkin Seeds never last long in our house and these Roasted Pumpkin Seeds are no different. They disappear in almost as little time as it takes to roast them in the oven. Enjoy!